ABOUT ME and CONTACT INFO

ABOUT ME
I’m Edgardo, a Certified Public Accountant by profession and I’m a Traveler or a SightseE-Guy. I visited the following continents and countries:
Africa: Egypt
America: United States of America, Bahamas
Asia: Hong Kong, Macau, China,Vietnam, Singapore, Jordan, Israel, Palestine, United Arab Emirates
Europe: England, Jersey, Scotland, Belgium, Spain, Sweden, Vatican, Wales, Monaco, Guernsey, Greece,
Turkey, Czech Republic, Germany, Netherlands, Austria, Hungary, France, Italy, Switzerland, Portugal, Denmark, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg

CONTACT ME
Email :
mybruce0520@gmail.com
Twitter : https://twitter.com/egayenriquez
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/mybruce0520?ref=tn_tnmn
Linked in : uk.linkedin.com/pub/edgardo-enriquez/59/715/213/

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Jersey, Channel Islands: My 5th Destination, no more Mr. Nice Guy and British Airways Review

 
     The island of Jersey is the largest of the Channel Islands. It is not part of the United Kingdom but United Kingdom is constitutionally responsible for the defence of Jersey. Jersey is a self-governing parliamentary democracy under a constitutional monarchy, has its own financial, legal and judicial systems.

    This is my 5thdestination and was able to work here for a while. It's memorable since this is the place that opens the door for me to work internationally. I still remember when the British Airways landed in Jersey airport with the weather of gloomy and chilly and I was collected by my South African buddy sent by the Office where I will be working. In our office, we have 27 different nationalities working. It’s like the United Colours of Benetton commercial. I have still friends from this office and saw one last Christmas and he promised me that he will tour me around the African Safari in the future. Hhmm, I am looking forward to that


  
     During my 3rd month in Jersey, Channel Islands, I am feeling the homesickness, I invited my mother and she stayed here for more than 3 months to be with me. She arrived in July and left until mid-November. She experience the UK summer, fall and almost winter. She became a Church Choir member and walking to High Street to shop just to make herself busy but during the month of November she can’t go outside since it is very cold.

     I do miss my circle of friends there and hopefully I can meet them again. During Friday nights, my drinking buddies and I will eat and drink until 4AM of Saturdays. One of them told me that someone called me the "nice guy" because she knows me but does not know my name and that stated it all. Throughout the night, they are calling me Mr. Nice Guy and we are all laughing. Most of the time, before going home between 3-4 AM, we cook Knorr’s Crab and Corn soup so we can have hot soup for the refreshing feeling after drinking alcohols and will wake up Saturday afternoon. Oh, I miss that. Even I am alone walking going home at 4AM in the morning, I feel safe.

    Tip 1:

    There are places to visit when in Jersey:


Mount Orgueil Castle

     This is a stunning castle overlooking the harbour of Gorey and is also known as the Gorey Castle. During World War II the Germans actually put modern look-out posts on the castle.
                                                                   Elizabeth Castle                                                                       

     This was built off the coast of Saint Helier in the late 16th century. The Governors of Jersey moved their official residence to the castle for more protection.
La Corbiere Lighthouse

    This is famous photography lighthouse along the coast of Jersey that was built in 1874 in Saint Brelade.

     If there is a chance to be back in Jersey I will reconsider it but I prefer London since there are many activities to do here and many choices to become busy to lessen the homesickness.

    To my friends there in Jersey, Channel Islands; “Until we meet again and no more Mr. Nice Guy, lol.”


    Tip 2 - British Airways review:

    This is less than one-hour flight for London Gatwick to Jersey, Channel Islands. Extremely worn out plane, some of the seats are not in good shape. They serve different drinks which most of the time I asked for a small bottle of red wine. They serve cold sandwiches and sometimes peanuts only. Maybe it depends on the time of travel. During mornings they give cold sandwiches and in the evening they give peanuts. Book your flight early since it is too expensive if you book 3 days before your flight. The problem before with this airline is there are dates that the union crew members are on work strike so there are flights cancellations but since last year (2012) I have never heard of any strikes from them.

 

2 comments:

  1. Surely, this place has huge choice of travelers, eateries and other things, I often wondered which is the best pizza in jersey restaurant on Jersey island, how is the environment in pubs and pizzas places in islands?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eden

    Pizza Express is the only place I was able to eat pizza in Jersey which is ok. There are many pubs and you can walk alone during midnights of Saturdays and Sundays with a peace of mind going back to your place.

    ReplyDelete